Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Vintage Knob

I gotta give a shout-out here to The Vintage Knob. I found out about this site through a forum I am a member of...hadn't seen it before a few months or so ago. Unfortunately just looking at it makes me want more gear. ;-) The site is loaded with specs and great photos of equipment from the 70s & 80s from the likes of Luxman, Marantz, Technics, Sansui, Pioneer, Sony, Thorens, Aiwa, Nakamichi, Teac, Dual...you get the picture. It's easy to spend an hour or more here just looking through the photos and details of these beauties.

Here's the link: The Vintage Knob

Be sure to check out some of the extras here too, like the "Miscellaneous" page which includes some old catalogs, tests, and articles.

Note: I am not affiliated with The Vintage Knob in any way...just a fan!

3 comments:

  1. Any component that has those handles on both sides screams, "I am oozing with hi-fidelity! And I'm so heavy and awesome you need to lift me up by the handles and slide me into a rack to deal with me! Take that, Garrard!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THE VINTAGE AKAI RC-31 REMOTE CONTROL WORKS WITH THE VINTAGE AKAI G-646 REEL TO REEL ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is someone on e-bay selling those Dustbugs by Watts for turntables. Remember those ? Wipe the dust off LP's while playing. It says never used for like $30.00 or so. Anyone know anything about those? This guys supposedly has quite a few to sell. Any info?

    ReplyDelete